Happy Wednesday lovely readers! Hope this Wednesday finds you all doing fantastically. As for me, well as I mentioned in my last post, everyone is sick around here. I thought I had escaped its path, but then I woke up to a sore throat. So much for my super human powers of resistance!
I’m so surprised that I’m already on my fourth week of practicing gratitude and linking up with Erika. Reflecting on last week will be a bit hard. You see, ever since I moved here in the end of May, every set of plans someone has made with me have been canceled. Every. Single. One. Last week was just another example. I made plans with two different people who both canceled due to illness. Not to suggest their reasons were not valid because clearly they were as everyone has been catching colds here in Germany. However, one of these people has always canceled on me so I’m starting to assume it’s just me. I’ve been trying to make friends and even when plans are initiated by someone else, they have ended up canceling. It really starts to do a number on your self-esteem. So friends, it’s hard for me to look back on last week with anything other than disappointment, but I’m going to still be thankful.
I have so much to be thankful for in this life regardless of any hardships along the way.
1. I have the most wonderful, supportive and loving husband who is my best friend and an excellent father.
2. I have been blessed with a child I thought I could not have. He is happy, healthy and adorable.
3. I have a loving and supportive mother who is always available no matter what time it is and who texts with me almost every day. (And sends me stuff!)
4. I am healthy and thriving despite suffering from a significant chronic illness.
5. I have a few great friends in the states that continue to stay in touch with me despite the distance even planning to visit.
What do you have to be thankful for this past week? Did you also have some hardships or disappointments that made it hard to be thankful?