The more time I spend in this blogging community, the more I learn what a close-knit group of people you begin to work with and even befriend. I started blogging only 5 short months ago and in that time I have met some WONDERFUL people. Along the way, they have decided they have been so deserving of certain “blogger awards”. Previously I have been given the Versatile Blogger Award on two separate occasions (see here and here).
But in the past two weeks I have received some sweet recognition. The recent birthday girl, Bevchen, from Confuzzledom, nominated little ol’ me for the Liebster Award and the ever-so-kind, Amy, from, Creatrice Mondial, selected me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I appreciate it so very much ladies and I am sorry for the delay in responding. As some of you may be aware, I am currently contemplating making the jump over to self-hosted WordPress and this decision is occupying A LOT of the space in my brain.
So in an effort to be concise and not repetitive, I am going to combine the response for these two awards. The rules for both are similar in that you provide a number of qualities or unique information about yourself, nominate fellow bloggers and respond to questions you received as part of your nomination. So here goes!
1. I love butterflies! I love them because of what they symbolize; something so beautiful after going through a huge transformation. A butterfly was my first tattoo.
2. Gerber daisies are my favorite flower.
3. I don’t own a single skirt and don’t think I’ve worn one outside of a work necessity since I was in the 6th grade.
4. I don’t particularly care for chocolate or cheesecake. These are big ones, I know!
5. My guilty pleasure is nachos of any kind….chips & queso, full on nachos, you name it.
6. I can’t parallel park. I live in Europe. This is a critical situation.
7. I think it would be cool to be an auto mechanic. (hope I don’t lose you on that one)
BEVCHEN’S QUESTIONS FOR ME
1. If you could change your first name to anything at all, what would you pick? I love the names Sofie and Emily, which would have been what we have chosen had our son been a girl.
2. Where were you born? Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
3. What is your favourite quote? “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.”
4. Tea, coffee or hot chocolate? Coffee all the way, every day!
5. If you could own any animal, what would it be? Hmmm…not sure about this one; probably just a simple dog or cat. Right now, apartment living is just not suitable and I miss having a pet.
6. Why did you start blogging? To document our journey, express myself, and hopefully inspire others
7. Who is your favourite author? I haven’t been reading much since the baby, but I used to really enjoy Augusten Burroughs.
8. What is your favourite flavour of crisps (chips for the Americans)? Dill Pickle!
9. Apart from blogs, which website do you spend most time on? Twitter
10. Do you have a talent? If so, what? I think I have a few talents that need some TLC before I could share them ;-) Seriously, though, I think I have some hidden talents that are works in progress such as cooking and writing.
11. What was the last song you listened to? Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke….LOVE THAT SONG!
According to the rules, you were to select blogs with less than 200 followers. However, not everyone has this shown and I found it difficult to always be accurate, so I have chosen some great ones who I feel deserve more time in the spotlight. In other words, do yourself a favor and check out these lovely blogs!
Gypsy In The Me
Brit in Bavaria
Tylor in Trier
Allie & The German
The Move to America
For all that I have selected, please feel free to choose either award or not participate at all. It’s up to you! If you decide to, please follow the format and list 5-10 random facts about yourself and nominate other bloggers. I have so many wonderful blogs I follow everyday, but I know I could not choose them all! I look forward to reading your random facts!