Brrr. That’s my word of the day. It was one of those mornings where I didn’t want to get out of my bed because it’s so cold in the house! ugh. But I wouldn’t trade it for summer; not at all. I am that girl who is crazy in love with Fall!
Anyway, earlier this week I received a lovely nomination from The Style Dunce for the Sunshine Award. Thank you so much for this and for those who love fashion and some witty banter, definitely check out her blog
. I hadn’t heard of this particular award before so I did some research. I found that this award started as a way for bloggers to nominate fellow bloggers who inspired creativity and positivity in the blogosphere. Well, that’s awesome and I know just the people to nominate! ALong with that you should also thank the person who nominated you (done), provide 11 random facts about yourself (you can see those on my new lovely awards page here
) and answer 11 questions from that person who nominated you. So let’s get started, shall we?
The Style Dunce’s questions for me:
1. You’re last meal. Just go.
Well, this is a bit embarrassing, but the last meal I had being that it is almost 10am was a blueberry pop-tart I shared with my son.
2. If people could only describe you in one word, what would you want it to be?
3. If you were an Olympian, what would your sport be? (Don’t actually need to be talented in this area)
Wow. I have no idea. I love drag racing and the X-Games so it would have to be something along those lines.
4. What’s your drink of choice? (alcoholic or non, doesn’t matter)
I’m a soda addict. Ever since I became pregnant in 2011 though, I cut down to one a day. It’s just bad for you and a waste of calories. But I can’t help it. If I could, I would drink it all day, every day.
5. High heels or flats?
I don’t even own a pair of high heels and never have.
6. What’s your scent? (Yes, I’m creepily asking you what perfume you wear)
My favorite is a custom scent made with vanilla that someone bought for me in Turkey. It has no name and I just ran out. Sigh.
7. The perfect night. What is it?
Now with a toddler? Any night, out of the house, alone with my husband.
8. What are the top three traits you want in a boyfriend or girlfriend?
Honesty, sense of humor and kindness
9. Worst movie you have ever seen?
My husband and I love horror films and we have seen some pretty bad less than B-rated ones in search of finding something good. I think Wrong Turn is the worst movie ever though!
10. What song defined you when you were in high school?
Answering this question will definitely date me, but anything by Alanis Morrisette. I swear she still writes songs about my life.
11. How did your blog get its name?
I think it speaks for itself, but just in case: casinos are in Vegas where I’m from and castles are in Germany where I just relocated to.
Ok so there is that. I have chosen to nominate the following ladies because I they all have a series on their blog that focuses on positivity and helping others in some way. I am so drawn to their blogs because of that and would love for others to take a minute and check them out because they all have some great messages to share. I have noted the sections of their blogs that inspire me and I think emulate positivity.
Beginnings in Bayern
- Sometimes Being an Expat Sucks (that may be deceiving as far as a positive message, but trust me it is)
- Gratitude 101 and Everyday Happy eCourse
The Nectar Collective
- Self-Love sponsor highlight, Everyday Happy eCourse, heck she even has a whole category on her blog dedicated to positivity!
Nominees, please don’t feel obligated to participate, but know that I wanted to share you with the community and thank you for what you do! If you do decide to participate, I only have one question for you that I think we would all want to know the answer to!
How did you find the inspiration to share positivity through your blog? What has led you to this path? (ok so 2 questions!)